1/06/2005

Play it again, Damn!

Certain songs, even though they're good, need to disappear from the radio forever. We've heard them too many times.

Take it Easy, The Eagles -- Guys, it's hard to take it easy with this song on the radio every 17 minutes. Why don't you guys Take it Elsewhere?

Take the Money and Run, The Steve Miller Band -- Steve took the money and ran alright, and left us to listen to this freakin' song 9 times a day. They play this song so much I'm actually looking forward to the comeback of his annoying hit, Abracadabra!

You're in My Soul, Rod Stewart -- The problem is, Rod, you're in my ears with this fucker way too often.

Get off my Cloud and No Satisfaction, The Rolling Stones -- The only satisfaction I'll get is when we torture the classic rock DJs who play these songs every hour.

Margaritaville, Jimmy Buffet -- The first few notes of this overplayed hit make me want to drink a DIOXINita and drift off into a premature death. What's with Jimmy Buffet's populairty, anyway? I haven't seen so many annoying people rally around a drunk since Robert Downey Jr. joined the cast of Ally McBeal.

7 comments:

darthmoridin said...

Great start, but this list is nowhere near long enough.

I think you've go to add:

Carry on My Wayward Son, Kansas -- this one needs no explanation.

Hotel California, The Eagles -- when most people can recite the lyrics from memory, it's time to stop. Just stop.

The entire combined catalogs of CCR and Boston.

Jack Mercer said...

Yep, I agree with Darth. Think that we should do away with all music and just leave the 80's.

Jack Mercer said...

Btw, have either of you figured out what ZZ meant by "She's got legs, she knows how to use them..."?

Latigo Flint said...

She's a kickboxer?

Julie said...

You have to add "rocky top' but then you would need to live in tenn or at least knoxville to understand that - it's the official University of Tenn song and gets played at least 100 times for each game and all the fans sit around and sing it over and over and they play on the radio fifty times during a game weekend... I hate it w/ a passion equal to the bush admin...

Blog ho said...

Once again you have cut to the very fucking heart! This whole classic rock ... thing ... is a mess. Death to rockers and death to classic rock! Who's with me!? *Storm the Bastille*

You've Got What I Need... said...

Can we also be rid of some Fleetwood Mac please? Lindsey give me the creeps! blech...

I think that any song that can be keyed as a Karaoke hit needs to be wiped out of existence... except for White Wedding. That song breaks my shizzle every damn time.