2/02/2005

Blowing Dust Area?

My favorite road sign has to be "Blowing Dust Area."

Wouldn't you know about the dust before you read the sign?

"Hmm. I seem to have entered an atmosphere with trillions of tiny suspended particles. Either that, or I've grown a cataract in the last 20 minutes. What could this be? What does that sign read? Ah, dust you say. Fascinating phenomenon, this 'dust.'"

Thanks for the clue! Now if we could just get signs to warn us where the idiot drivers hand out. "Warning: possible jerkoffs next 20 miles." Come to think of it, we should just plant those signs every 20 miles along every paved road in America.

7 comments:

Julie said...

I have never seen one of those signs!! how weird!
I like your other sign idea, how many would we need in wash dc?

darthmoridin said...

LLB, I think that your warning sign should probably be a permanent sticker on the inside of everyone's windshields. 'cause it's always true.

Blog ho said...

I have that sign in my living room. It's covered w/ jizz.

citygurl said...

thank god I rely on public transportation. wait a minute, did I actually say that? shit. I need to get out of new york. but I don't want to HAVE to drive a car. or buy one! they're damn expensive! shit. I'm stuck in new york, aren't I?

Nettie said...

Do you think every tweny miles is enough? Seems like I get reminded of it every two or so.

bullish1974 said...

i, too, like the other sign idea. i want it here in manila. it'll be like, "Warning: possible jerkoffs next 20 KILOMETERS." shorter range. bigger impact.

Latigo Flint said...

I read somewhere that something like 90% of drivers answer "Yes" to the question: Are you a better than average driver?

The next question should probably be: Okay, and are you a big fat f^*king liar?! But I don't think it is.