3/07/2005

Check out my Bush. I voted for Kerry.

Who are these people who remove their clothing to make a political point? Isn't this whole stripping-for-a-cause shtick becoming cliche? If your cause is so boring that you have to prance around naked to win support, you need to reevaluate your cause.

And do these people honestly believe baring their asses makes their point of view valid? This presumption bothers me. We have enough sexual innuendo in Washington with "Dick" and "Bush." If you want to strip, do it for a good, practical reason, like having cash inserted under your g-string. Otherwise, I think a good rule of thumb would be that naked people should be seen, not heard.

Have these people considered the consquences of giving credibility to naked people? What about all these beer-bong chugging frat boys streaking and "befriending" sheep in the Dean's front yard. They're getting naked. What are these assholes going to lobby for? Keg party tax write-offs and federally mandated discounts to Dave Mathews tickets?

Call me cyncial, but I don't think streakers should be influencing national policy.

12 comments:

Belle said...

hey lbb....transfer your files on ebloggy to your old blog...they are back...

nongirlfriend said...

How about streaking for homeless animals?

How about streaking for the sake of streaking?

Can I please just run naked through your living room? Just once?

Mere Existence said...

Perhaps these naked people just weren't getting any attention for being naked, so they decided to move into politics to get some publicity.

~kimberly~ said...

*shuts up and dances*


Okay, seriously, you are right. Nudity doesnt equal intelligence. People are so transfixed (or ill) from looking at your can-cans..that they have no idea (or dont care) what you are trying to say. Besides, you also risk someone shouting out.. "Hey, cool the cast of Baywatch is here!"

darthmoridin said...

Of course, one could also argue that stripping is a good way to lobby for public policy change, given the average senator's taste for the old exotic dancing...

Blog ho said...

so...you're complaining about seeing vaginas... *ponder the meaning in the universe*

Cindy-Lou said...

Sometimes people just need a really really good excuse to get naked. I know I do.

Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

Conversely, let's take a look at news anchors and talkshow hosts on the cable news channels. Am I suppose to take them seriously because their faces look like dried-up shit, they're older than the wheel, or because they wear bowties?

It cuts both ways.

~*~*Magnolia*~*~ said...

Hey Ponti, I'm still alive. but I'm back at eBloggy. Come back! Come back! Everyone's back!

You've Got What I Need... said...

Ponti, LBB? Do you have a torrid and jaded past by that name?

I think that we should also talk about what these people LOOKED like naked. I mean, usually people who walk around neeked are the scary, fugly, "I have a membership at a nudist colony" type of individual.

And that should NEVER be encouraged under any circumstances. All politics aside.

sCruuw said...

I am revisting a Jerry Springer episode in my mind,,, back when it was novelty...

Ain't novelty any more!

Jezzy said...

That reminds me of the girls who recently flashed their tits at Prince Charles in New Zealand.

All I thought was: "Ugly tits! What point was that supposed to make!"