1/19/2011

Answers lll

Bennet asked:  What kind of work do you do?  Not that I want to pry into you life, just wanted to know for reference sake.  Based on your posts I imagine you sitting in a cubical.


A cubical job?  Perchance to dream!  I'd love 4 walls and a computer while I'm working; I'd feel right at home!  I'm an X-ray technician.  I appreciate it, but I don't identify with it.  I don't know how the hell I wound up in healthcare.  But given the economic climate we find ourselves in, I'll hang out.  Honestly, I'd like to be a bartender one day.  If I have any discernible talent, it's mixing drinks, talking trash and telling jokes.  I belong behind bars.  




Just Me asked: Why do you hate your dog?


First, I LOVE dogs.  They are indeed man's best friend.  I had a dog for 16 years -- all through my childhood.  She was more of a sibling than a dog, a member of our family.  So when I became an adult, we got another dog.  A friend gave her two us.  I expected this dog to be just like Corky, my first dog.  Only she's everything Corky wasn't and nothing she was.  This dog is aloof, dim, unaffectionate and disdainful.  She prefers to be left alone -- unless I give attention to my newest little dog that I love!  Then she barks and becomes obnoxious.  Suddenly she cares.  I can't stand a dog that doesn't love people.  Worse still is an aloof dog who won't let you bond and play with your puppy.  Also she's a 128 pound crap factory.  




KittyCat asked:  Have you ever been caught in a compromising position with women?
And what was your excuse as to why you were in that position.

A few times.  I sneaked a girl into my bedroom on Valentine's Day, 1987.  My mom caught us before things got too heavy.  But it made for some fireworks.  My wife and I had a couple cops' flashlights beam through the windshield in our youth.  Luckily we had the option to drive away!  I suppose everybody rolls the dice with some alfresco sexual activity once in a while.  I've been lucky.  


Sandra asked:  Does your wife realize that some of your blog readers have mad crushes on you and think you're totally hawt?

Does my wife realize it?  No.  In fact, I can't believe it myself!  But you're sweet to think so, Sandra. 




ThoughtsAppear asked:  What is your favorite Pop-Tart flavor?  You'd be surprised how much you can tell about a person by their flavor. No pressure.  And, what's the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you?


Brown sugar and cinnamon.  I love'em.  Warmed or straight from the package, they're a treat!  My most embarrassing thing?  Well, I suppose the "jock strap incident" of 1985.  Still laboring to forget that.  How the hell was I supposed to know which side was the front?




Mona asked:  Does a time machine raise the dead?  When does your birthday fall?  And what do you mean by "Indian?"


First, good burn, Monita.  My birthday falls in May.  And when I write about Indians, I mean the ones who tried to steal our land from us poor, innocent European immigrants.  Not the ones from India, who are the salt of the earth!  Honestly, I love all 1.2 billion of them.  First, they gave us Gandhi.  Second, they're the only ones on that side of the planet who don't thirst for America's demise!  And finally, they make such charming bloggers!

17 comments:

Impulsive Addict said...

In 1987, I was 9 (does that make you feel old?) but it wasn't too many years after that when I was caught in a compromising position myself. I think I might have been a tease.

I'm starting to wonder about your followers with some of these questions...

heartinhand said...

Backwards Jock Strap! FUNNY!

Shabbygal said...

Oh how I sometimes miss the 80's! These posts have been very informative! Never would of guessed an x-ray tech! I bet you put people at ease with your humor!Traci

Jennifer Fabulous said...

I'm loving all these hilarious and unique questions. You have awesome readers. I only wish I'd had a working laptop this week, so I could have participated! I haven't had the chance to visit my favorite blogs this week, until now...

Ashley said...

I love reading your blogs, even when you are just answering simple questions!

Philosophia said...

Hehe, loving the questions and responses. Its fun to learn all this about you - you're an x-ray tech! I have to wonder though, what type of an x-ray tech you make out to be, how you interact with them patients? ;) I recently had a very interesting experience with an x-ray tech, after it was done, he offered to show me my chest x-ray before leaving, with a very worried disposition, and almost had me wondering if i had some kind of terminal cancer, until the doctor got back to me to let me know all was well. At least for future purposes, now I know that gastric bubbles are normal. ;)

KittyCat said...

Really? cimmamon pop tart. I love cinnamon.
I agree with Sandra.
justn sayin

Mom Mayhem says: said...

Enjoyed reading all these and getting to know you better! An X-ray tech -eh?! I used to think I'd go into that field. The UPS /boner thing cracked me up! And I agree it's nice to live here and now where we have the basics down pretty well and have things like the internet /blogging :)

Not So Simply Single said...

Hmmm...I imagine being an X-ray tech could qualify for having some very good bar stories...

I see you behind bars...

in handcuffs...

Lisa

P.S. Be nice to your dog...

Dysfunctional Mom said...

Mmm, brown sugar & cinnamon. That's the ONLY pop tart for me.

Penny Lane said...

Native Americans.. :)

Mona said...

Ah! Thanks for answering my questions! I couldn't agree more with your last sentence!

tornwordo said...

I'm caught up on the letters. It makes me laugh that death is better than being French. The have pretty awesome bread and cheese and wine, nom.

Even though I'm late, here's what came to mind. What's happening with the baby-making. (That's how I rationalized your dastardly hiatus) Isn't that what straight married couples do?

thoughtsappear said...

Brown Sugar and Cinnamon...excellent choice!

I hope I didn't bring back any surpressed memories with the jock strap incident.

Thanks for answering my questions!

Anonymous said...

Is it too late to ask a question? Just wondering what kind of kid you were in school. Were you the class clown, the quiet type who made snide comments under your breath to friends nearby, or were you furiously writing every word the teacher spoke?

T-Rex

Baloney said...

Brown sugar/cinnamon are the only decent pop tart.
An x-ray tech. Really? I can only imagine your snarky interactions all day. Haha!

Bennet said...

HEHEHEHE - X-ray technician sounds much more interesting than I imagined. I thought you might have worked for Glade airfresherner design with the way you've complained about it.

I was secretly hoping you had evil plans of shipping out faulty air-fresheners.
The News, would have read:" Glade sent out faulty air fresheners that smell like horse dung."

And I would have shouted:"Lightning Bug's Butt FOR THE WIN!"