6/15/2011

WWKW

WWKW

{1} You have been asked to give a 10 minute speech to teenage girls. What is it about?
{2} Do you have a pet? Tell us about them. No pets? Why?
{3} What is the biggest inconvenience about the place you’re currently living?
{4} What do you think is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
{5} What are the THREE "nevers" of your life? (things you would never do or have never done)

Answers:

1)  Ten-minute speech to girls:  Ten minutes isn't a lot of time.  So I'd rattle off the following:  Don't let the fashionable but false belief that men and women are the same, seduce you.  It's bunk.  You're different.  Embrace it.  And if you want to understand how and why, read some layman evolutionary biology.  Not only is it fascinating, but it'll give you tremendous insight into women's and men's penchants, behaviors, emotions and sexuality.  Also, know that college is the most overrated and overpriced commodity.  Don't go 100 grand in debt before you discover that!  Women and minorities are particularly vulnerable because we're so damn hot and heavy to outfit them with (always expensive and often useless) college degrees.  Don't get me wrong: Education is wonderful.  But college is a racket.  Take great care when investing in your education. 

2)  My Pet:  I have an adorable puggle named Bella.  And if you want to see her, just visit IA for a facsimile.  See:  Lexi.  

3)  Inconvenience of living where I live:  It's 150-miles away from my job -- the most wonderful hospital in the world!  Luckily I only have to commute once per week!

4)  My best decision:  To be the kind of person who examines things instead of accepting things.  I don't know if I decided this or if I was just born this way.  Choosing to observe once in a damn while is a good choice.  A close second was my decision to keep a weblog.

5)  Three never's:  1)  I'll never "go green."  They might force me one day.  But I'll never volunteer.  2) Run for political office. One has to stand back in awe of the wrath the other side spits at their political opponents.  3)  Live beyond my means.  A couple things I've gleaned from 40 years on this planet: stuff doesn't make you happy; and debt is slavery.  

14 comments:

SQT said...

Are you sure you're not my husband posting in stealth mode? Okay, we don't have a puggle-- but we do have a maltipoo-- that's close right? (Okay. It's not)

No wonder I can relate to you. I'm damn near married to you. I knew I had good taste.

Great post as always.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I totally agree on your "nevers" and we have a calico cat named Bella (beautiful in Spanish). :-)

Nadine Hightower said...

me either... I'll never go green.

Impulsive Addict said...

Did you go 100K's in debt, LBB?

So you were serious when you said Bella and Lexi look identical? I love that you gave me a shout-out. You're so faithful.

150 miles? Holy wah (as they say in Michigan). That's horrible. I'm glad that it's just one day a week. I guess you rock out to groovy tunes on the radio don't you? I can totally see that.

You would be an excellent candidate for Senator Too bad it's on your NEVER list.

Thanks for linking up, LBB~

Shawn said...

You my friend are very, very wise!

150 miles? Dude, does relocation mean anything to you?

So I assume you don't recycle? My hubby and I argue about that every Wednesday night as I force him to carry the recycling bins to the curb. I;m just trying to do my part and he says we're making someone else rich off of our trash.

Live within my means...what's that?

Baloney said...

I like your answers! Was a little worried at first when I saw about education, but now it makes sense.
I'm with you on the 3 nevers.

Memphis Steve said...

I'm not big on going green either. I'd rather skip right past the mercury-filled CFL bulbs and just go with the LED bulbs, if they can ever perfect them. If there's one thing we've learned beyond doubt over the years, it's that the EPA destroys whatever it touches.

Nadine Hightower said...

nope I'll never use Tide. I don't want my clothes to smell like his exwife! ICK!

Epic Fail said...

I hope my decision to start a "weblog" turns out to be a good one. I posted something today you might enjoy. I may do this WWKW thing next week. It looks like fun.

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

My husband is telling me to start hoarding regular light bulbs b/c he says in a few years we will all be forced to use those swirly ones. (You can tell how green I am by my command of green terminology.)

Amen to education and the rest of your "nevers" I didn't do a wwkw this week, but getting a tattoo would have been on my list.

Seriously 150 miles? One way? I am sure you have a dang good reason to have NOT relocated.:)

tornwordo said...

Amen to the debt is slavery thing. And learning a marketable skill is far better than obtaining a college degree. Typing was the most useful class I ever took, and we did that in Junior High.

heartinhand said...

I'm totally pinching this! Mostly because I have PMS.

Jennifer Fabulous said...

I love your advice for the teenagers. And my mouth dropped open when I saw how far away your work is. But it closed when I read you only commute once per week. Haha! I love learning more about you. :)

Date Girl said...

I love your advice to girls. I couldn't agree more about college. I went to a 4 year right out of high school and I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do. I've never once used my degree, other than to slap it on a resume like a gold star. It was fun, but I definitely wish I'd started out at a JC and really thought about what I wanted to do. Where were you 10 years ago LB?